Historic Benton Hot SpringsHistoric Benton Hot Springs (HBHS) is a 501© 3 NON PROFIT Corporation, whose mission is to preserve the natural and historical environment and promote the educational, scientific, and conservation values of Benton Hot Springs properties.
MissionHistoric Benton Hot Springs works with and assists the Bramlette Trust, Mono County, and Eastern Sierra Land Trust with the preservation and restoration of Benton Hot Springs historic, cultural, and natural properties; facilitates community economic development and business partnerships that improve the welfare of citizens and create jobs; and, enhances public use and education of a unique 1,255 acre parcel of private land in the Eastern Sierra.
Come join a fun filled fund raising event to benefit the Cemetery Restoration. Take a Benton Hot Springs Store and Cemetery Tour, guided by late residents Robert Morrison and Jane Lynch.
See the Old House Ghosts DVD. Enjoy a hauntingly good formal dinner and wine tasting at The Inn. Dance to Ghostly Live Music. See More
All for $75 per person. Limited to the first 45 guests to respond. Call (760) 933-2287. Lodging packages and overnight tub sites are available at the Inn.
Above is a historic picture of the hot springs at Benton. Of the springs at the site, one was described in a 1915 book as issuing water at 135 °F (57 °C)
Benton was once a small mining town with up to 5,000 inhabitants. Many of the original buildings still remain, but the town has never completely died.
In fact it is still rich in ranching and farming and features the Old House and Inn, a popular vacation destination.
In 1883, a railroad line was completed to Benton Station and soon train service was initiated to Laws Station, located several miles east of Bishop Creek.
Benton Hot Springs got its start around 1863 with the discovery of silver in the nearby Blind Springs Hills and along the western base of the White Mountains in the Montgomery Mining District.
One of the oldest surviving towns in Mono County, Benton was once a thriving, silver mining town, with up to 5,000 inhabitants.